The Restoration

There are multitudes of Scriptures about the regathering and restoration of Israel. I’ve taken prophecies from several different Biblical prophets to show the unanimity of the Word of God. If you’d like more insight, read the prophets in depth, especially Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, and Zechariah.

Imagine reading these a hundred years ago...


when Israel was still a barren wasteland, before the rebirth of the nation Israel which took place in May, 1948:

* "For behold, days are coming, says the Lord, when I will restore the fortunes of my people, Israel and Judah, says the Lord, and I WILL BRING THEM BACK to the land which I gave to their fathers and they shall take possession of it."
Jeremiah 30:3

* "Thus says the Lord God: 'Although I have cast them far off among the Gentiles, and although I have scattered them among the countries, yet I shall be a little sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone. Therefore say, Thus says the Lord God: I will gather you from the peoples, assemble you from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.'”
Ezekiel 11:16-17

* "And I will cause the captives of Judah and the captives of Israel to return, and will rebuild those places as at the first. I will cleanse them from all their iniquity by which they have sinned against Me, and I will pardon all their iniquities by which they have sinned and by which they have transgressed against Me."
Jeremiah 33:7-8

* "Thus saith the Lord of hosts: Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country; and I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem and they shall be my people, and I will be their God,in truth and in righteousness."
Zecheriah 8:7-8

* "Behold I will gather them FROM ALL THE COUNTRIES to which I drove them in my anger and my wrath and great indignation. I will bring them back TO THIS PLACE, and I will make them dwell in safety. And they shall be my people, and I will be their God."
Jeremiah 32:37-38


How do we know this is speaking of the restoration taking place now?

 
Because: in the first judgment, in the first captivity, Israel was taken captive into Babylon. In the second captivity, Israel was scattered throughout the entire world and many of the prophecies state that they will be brought back not from one place, but from the entire world.